Fundamentals of Addiction Treatment Sunflower Health Plan ECHO
Medication Assisted Treatment is “the use of medications, in combination with behavioral therapies, to provide a whole-patient approach to the treatment of substance use disorders.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
This ECHO series will focus on:
- Broadening understanding of addiction therapies
- Increasing the number of rural and frontier providers offering addiction treatments
- Maximizing access to medication assisted treatment
- March 7: Introduction and Overview of the Fundamentals of Addiction Treatment. Dr. Sosunmolu Shoyinka
- March 14: Pain Management and Addiction Interaction. Dr. Karl Haake (Centene Medical Director and Pain Management Specialist)
- March 21: Opioid Dependence Addiction and Naloxone Education. Dr. Karen Moeller (University of Kansas School of Pharmacy Clinical Professor and Vice Chair for Education)
- March 28: Medication Assisted Treatment Kansas State Policy. Dr. Daniel Warren (University of Kansas School of Medicine Assistant Professor - Drug and Alcohol Use Disorder)
Please plan to attend our upcoming ECHO sessions on Thursdays in March from 12:00-1:00 PM via Zoom video conferencing!
For questions, email us at projectECHO@sunflowerhealthplan.com.