Disclosure Statements for Sunflower Project ECHO - Foster Care
November 7, 14, 21 and December 5, 2019
Faculty and Planning Committee Disclosure Information
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Arrangements
As a provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) the University of Kansas Medical Center Continuing Education & Professional Development must ensure that the health and well-being of the public is more important than any economic interest, and that activity content is effective in improving practice, independent of commercial interests, and based on valid content. Individuals with control over the content of this activity are required to disclose to the learners any relevant financial relationships within the past 12 months with any proprietary entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services related to the content of the activity (with the exemption of non-profit or governmental organizations and non-healthcare related companies). This includes any relevant financial arrangements involving their spouse/partner. Relevant financial relationships may include employment, management position, independent contractor (including contracted research), consulting, speaking and teaching, membership on advisory committees or review panels, board membership, etc. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent an individual with a relevant financial relationship from being a planning committee member, a teacher, or an author of CME having control of, or responsibility for, the development, management, presentation, or evaluation of the CME activity, but rather to assist the provider in the identification and resolution of conflict of interest prior to the activity and to provide the learners with the information they need to determine whether these interests or relationships influenced the content of the activity.
The following presenters do not have any relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on patients related to the content of their presentations: Easter Spates; Tara Moger; Michael Migure; Amber Brackman
The following planning committee members do not have any relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on patients related to the content of the activity: Cheryl Laaker; Derek Feagans; Nanette Perrin; Mohamed Radhi; Kristine Meier; Monica De Cicco; Brenda Soto; Mary Beth Warren
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
A conflict of interest, or a potential for bias, exists if an individual/entity in a position to benefit financially from the success of a continuing education activity is also in a position to influence its content, design, or implementation. For this continuing education activity, conflict of interest was resolved and successful resolution of conflict of interest will be validated through the implementation of the following mechanisms.
- Relevant financial relationships were disclosed and resolved prior to everyone’s participation in the planning, development, and implementation of this activity.
- Prior to participating in this activity, everyone in a position to influence its content, design or implementation received our terms and conditions regarding conflict of interest expectations and they agreed to comply.
- Speakers were selected based upon a review of their qualifications and an assessment of their ability to present the best available evidence accepted in health care practice.
- Clinical content was validated by a review of the activity for fair balance and bias, appropriate patient treatment recommendations, and whether scientific studies cited in the activity conform to standards accepted by the scientific community.
- Oversight will be maintained by monitoring the planning, development, and implementation of this continuing education activity.
- Disclosure of relevant financial relationships will be provided to the participants prior to the activity.
- Participants will evaluate the activity’s success in resolving conflict of interest and providing an activity free of bias.
It is the policy of the KUMC Office of Continuing Education to require the disclosure of all references to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices prior to the presentation of educational content. The audience is advised that the 12/5/19 continuing medical education session may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs.
No commercial or noncommercial support was received for this activity.