Skip to Main Content

How to Enroll

What is KanCare?

The program for Medicaid in Kansas is called KanCare. KanCare offers health insurance coverage for children, pregnant women, families with children, elderly, and adults and children with disabilities in the state of Kansas.

Kansas works with health plans like Sunflower Health Plan to manage healthcare coverage for Kansas Medicaid members. If you think you might be eligible for Kansas Medicaid services, you can apply for KanCare with the state of Kansas. Then you can choose Sunflower Health Plan as your health plan.

To apply for Kansas Medicaid services and enroll in a health plan, call the KanCare Enrollment Center at 1-800-792-4884 (TTY: 1-800-766-3777). For more information, visit the KanCare website.

How to Apply for Medicaid in Kansas

If you think you might be eligible for Kansas Medicaid services, you can apply for a KanCare insurance plan with the state of Kansas. Learn how to enroll in Kansas Medicaid below.

  1. Apply for Kansas Medicaid/KanCare:

  2. If the State of Kansas Medicaid program determines you are eligible for KanCare, you can choose your health plan.

  3. Choose a Kansas Medicaid plan provider.

    This is where you can select Sunflower Health Plan as your Medicaid plan provider in Kansas.

    • Call the KanCare Enrollment Center at 1-866-305-5147 (TTY: 800-766-3777)
    • More information about choosing a plan
    • We hope you choose Sunflower as your health plan!
  4. Receive a welcome packet from your plan.

  5. Enjoy your new Kansas Medicaid benefits!

Benefits of Being a Sunflower Health Plan Member

All KanCare members receive the same Kansas Medicaid benefits, plus any extra benefits that health plan providers offer. Learn more about the Kansas Medicaid benefits offered by Sunflower Health Plan:

  • Rewards Program: Earn rewards for completing healthy activities with My Health Pays®!
  • Care Coordination Services: Sunflower can help you manage chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, high-risk pregnancy and more.
  • 24/7 Nurse Advice Line: Get answers to your health questions at any time from our team of registered nurses at our nurse advice line. Call 1-877-644-4623 to be directly connected.
  • And more! Learn more about the valuable Kansas Medicaid benefits and services offered by Sunflower Health Plan.