View some of Sunflower Health Plan's benefits below. You can also view more information in our Member Handbook.
You take care of your health. We offer a way to earn reward dollars when you complete certain healthy behaviors.
Earning and Using Rewards is Easy
- Step 1: Complete a healthy activity.
- Step 2: Reward dollars will be put on your CentAccount® Rewards Card after we receive the claim for your healthy activity.
- Step 3: If it's your first reward, a card will be mailed to you. If this is not your first reward, do not throw away your old card. When new rewards are earned, they are loaded to the same card.
- Step 4: Spend your reward dollars at one of the following participating stores:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
You can buy hundreds of items with your card. Here are some of the items you can buy:
- Baby Care
- Over-the-Counter Medicines
- Personal Care
To see a list of items you can buy, log in to your member account. You can also view the CentAccount catalog.
Remember, this card is not a credit card. It already has funds on it. Keep the card after you use it. As you earn rewards, they will be added to this card.
- $10 - New members who complete a well care visit with primary care doctor within 90 days of becoming a member.
- $10 - For each infant well care visit up to 15 months old. ($60 max.). These visits are recommended before 30 days old, and at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, and 15 months old.
- $10 - Child well care visit with a primary care doctor (One visit per calendar year; age 2-20).
- $10 - For each HbA1c test for diabetic members. ($20 max.) (Two per calendar year; age 18-75)
- $50 - For comprehensive diabetes care - must complete all of the following once in a calendar year:
- HbA1c test*
- Kidney screening
- Retinopathy screening (dialated eye exam)
- $15 - HPV vaccine - Females, all ages. Must get all 3 shots in the HPV series within a 12 month period.
- $15 - When you notify us you are pregnant by submitting a completed Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form within your first trimester.
- $15 - For every 3rd prenatal doctor visit** ($45 Max.)
- $10 - For a postpartum doctor visit.** Must be completed between 21-56 days after you deliver your baby.
**To be eligible for these rewards, you must notify us you are pregnant by submitting a completed Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form. Prenatal visit count begins after we are notified you are pregnant.
Already Earned a Reward & Received a Card?
Care Coordination and Disease Management
Care coordination and disease coaching are part of your health benefits and are provided to you at no cost. Sunflower Health Plan pays for these services. We provide services for many conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, high-risk pregnancy and many more. Call Customer Service at 1-877-644-4623 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-282-6428).
Cell Phone Program
Sunflower Health Plan is proud to be working with SafeLink Wireless to offer you this special, federal program. As a member of our plan, you get all the same benefits of a SafeLink phone, plus unlimited inbound text messages and calls to Sunflower Health Plan Customer Service. There is no added cost for these extras.
How to Enroll:
Sunflower Health Plan offers different services for dental care, depending on age. For members under 21 years of age, dental benefits vary by age and membership category. Call Customer service at 1-877-644-4623 for details about dental coverage for members under the age of 21.
For adults age 21 and older, Sunflower Health Plan provides one (1) dental checkup every six months (includes cleaning and scaling).
Doctor Visits & Screenings
Preventative care visits are covered by Sunflower Health Plan. This means visiting the doctor for a regular check-up, rather than waiting until you are sick.
Sunflower Health Plan covers an annual physical for adults.
Regular child check-ups are also covered for those under the age of 21. These doctor visits should occur at the below ages. Children also need a blood lead test at 12 and 24 months of age. We cover this. After that, if they are high risk, they need the blood lead test each year age 3 to 6.
- 3 to 5 days
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Every year until age 21
Nurse Advice Line
Our Nurse Advice Line is ready to answer your health questions 24 hours a day – every day of the year. It is staffed with Registered Nurses. These nurses have spent lots of time caring for people. Now they are ready and eager to help you. Call 1-877-644-4623 and say "Nurse."
Pregnancy & Newborn Services
Start Smart for Your Baby (Start Smart) is our special program for women who are pregnant and for those moms who just had a baby. We want to help you take care of yourself and your baby every step of the way. If you are pregnant, please let us know by completing a Notification of Pregnancy form. After completing this form you will be enrolled in Start Smart. You will receive information in mail and over the phone. You can also get information in the Health & Wellness section.
Tips for Pregnancy
If you are pregnant or want to become pregnant, keep these things in mind:
- Go before you show! Go to the doctor as soon as you think you are pregnant. It is important for you and your baby to see a doctor as early as possible. It will keep both of you healthy. It will also help your baby get off to a good start. It is even better to see a doctor before you are pregnant. This is so you can get your body ready for pregnancy.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle habits. This includes exercising, eating balanced and healthy meals, and resting for 8-10 hours every night.
- Do not use tobacco, alcohol or drugs now or while you’re pregnant.
Doctors and health organizations agree that breastfeeding is best. You may already know that breast milk is packed with the perfect mix of nutrients your baby needs. Did you know that it is also more than just food? Breast milk has special ingredients, like antibodies, that only you can provide. Breast pumps are helpful if you are breastfeeding and have to be away from your baby. Call us after you deliver to see if breast pumps are offered.
Are You Pregnant? Tell Us Right Away!
Call us. Or, you can login to your Sunflower Health Plan account and fill out the Notification of Pregnancy form.
Other Languages & Format Needs
Interpreter services are provided free of charge to you during any service or grievance process. This includes American Sign Language and real-time oral interpretation.
If you need something translated into a language other than English, please call Sunflower Health Plan. We can also provide things in other formats such as Braille, CD or large print.
If you need an interpreter for your medical appointment, contact Sunflower Health Plan 24 hours a day, 7 days a week before your appointment. We will arrange for one to be at your appointment.
NEMT stands for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation. NEMT can be used when you do not have a way to get to your healthcare appointment without charge. If approved by Sunflower Health Plan, your transportation to your healthcare appointment may be public transportation or bus tokens, vans or taxi. Sunflower will give you a ride that meets your needs. You do not get to choose what kind of car or van or the company that will give you the ride. You may be able to get help with gas costs if you have a friend or a neighbor who can take you. This must be approved before your appointment.
Who can get NEMT Services?
- You must be a member of Sunflower on the day of your appointment.
- Some people do not get NEMT as part of their benefits. To check, call Customer Service at 1-877-644-4623 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-282-6428).
- Children who are under age 17 must have an adult ride with them.
- We will only pay for one child and one parent/guardian and/or an attendant if your child is under age 21 and needs to be away from home overnight or needs someone to be with him/her. We will not pay for other children or adults.
- We will pay for an attendant to go with a member with a disability.
- Volunteer, community, or other ancillary services are available at no cost to you.
To what healthcare services can I get NEMT to take me?
- The appointment is to a healthcare provider that is in Sunflower network.
- The appointment is to a service covered by Sunflower.
- The appointment is to a healthcare provider near where you live. If the provider is far away, you may need to say why and get a note from your PCP. There are rules about how far you can travel to a healthcare appointment and get a ride.
- Some services already include NEMT. We will not give you a ride to these services. Examples are: Some hospice services; Developmental Disability (DD) Waiver services; some Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation (CPR) services; adult day healthcare services; and services provided in your home. School districts must supply a ride to a child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) services and IEP medical related services.
- The NEMT program can take you to a durable medical equipment (DME) provider only if the DME provider cannot mail or deliver your equipment to you.
How do I use the NEMT program?
Call Sunflower Customer Service at 1-877-644-4623 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-282-6428). You must call at least three days before the day of the appointment or you may not get NEMT. You may be able to get a ride sooner if your healthcare provider gives you an urgent care appointment. If you have an emergency, dial 911, or the local emergency phone number.
Sunflower Health Plan covers ambulance transportation to the nearest hospital for emergency situations. You do not need to contact Sunflower Health Plan before using an ambulance for emergencies.
Ambulance transportation to the hospital emergency room in non-emergency situations is not covered by Sunflower Health Plan.
Ambulance transportation from a healthcare facility to another healthcare facility is covered only when it is medically necessary. It also has to be arranged and approved by Sunflower Health Plan's network provider.
Sunflower Health Plan covers vision services, including eye exams. Sunflower Health Plan members 21 years and older receive one complete eye exam and, if needed, one pair of eyeglasses each year. For member under age 21, Sunflower provides exams, eyeglasses and repairs as needed, and up to three pairs of eyeglasses each calendar year.