If there’s a question you have that isn’t answered in the FAQs, call us at 1-877-644-4623 (TTY: 711). We’ll be happy to help.
New members receive a Member Welcome Packet in the mail. It includes all the information about Sunflower and your benefits. Included in the packet will be the following items:
- Member ID Card: You are provided two cards so you will have a back-up card in case one gets lost. Put these cards in a safe place, and take one with you to your doctor’s appointments and to the pharmacy.
- Member Handbook (PDF): Has information on all your benefits.
- Important Numbers magnet: This magnet has important numbers for Sunflower Health Plan and a place for you to write in your doctor’s phone number.
- Forms Packet: This packet contains the following forms
- PCP Change Request form: If you wish to change your Primary Care Provider (PCP), fill out this form. You can then mail it in the pre-paid envelope that was included in your packet. It will be addressed to Sunflower Health Plan.
- Health Risk Screening form: This is a survey about your health. It will only take 15-20 minutes to complete. This helps us know what services you need. Fill this out and return it in the prepaid envelope attached to the form. You can also fill this out online by logging into your Sunflower account. Need help filling out the Health Risk Screening? Call us at 1-877-644-4623 (TTY: 711).
- Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) form: If you are pregnant, fill out this survey so we can send you information. You can return it in the postage page envelope. Filling out the NOP registers you with the Start Smart program. You can earn My Health Pays™ rewards for completing this form. Need help filling out the NOP? Call us at 1-877-644-4623 (TTY: 711).
If you lose your Member ID Card, call Customer Service at 1-877-644-4623 (TTY: 711) right away.
You can also print a copy from within our Secure Member Portal.
A Primary Care Provider is your doctor. Your doctor will know all your health information, and it is who you go to first when you need care. This doctor will help manage all of your care. You will see your PCP listed on your Member ID Card.
You can search for a PCP using our website. Go to Find a Provider. You can then search for doctors in your area. You can also make sure the doctor meets any language requirements you need.
You can select a new provider in our Secure Member Portal. Or you can use the form on our member resources page.
The Health Risk Screening includes basic questions about your health, and will only take 15-20 minutes. It helps us know what your health needs are. You also received a copy in your new member packet, so you can mail it in the provided prepaid envelope. You can even fill it out online. Or, give us a call! We’d be happy to fill this out with you over the phone.
Sunflower wants you to be healthy. We encourage our members to take care of themselves by getting preventive health services such as:
- Immunizations. This includes flu, tetanus and pneumonia shots.
- Mammograms, Pap Tests, and Chlamydia Screenings. Women should have mammograms and pap smears. These simple tests can check to see if cancer is developing. Finding and treating cancer early is the key to successful treatment.
- Prostate Screenings. Men should have this exam starting at age 50.
- Regular Screenings. People with chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure need regular screenings to make sure the condition is controlled.
- Smoking Cessation. To improve your overall health, it is best to quit smoking.
You can pick up prescriptions at any of our in-network pharmacies. To see if your pharmacy is in our network, you can do a search on this website in Find-A-Provider, or call us at 1-877-644-4623 (TTY: 711).
Medicare.gov provides information on the following and much more:
- Finding doctors, hospitals, providers, suppliers and plans
- Getting help with costs
- Access to forms
- Information about changing plans
- Drug coverage
Medicare Contact information:
Phone: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)/ TTY 1-877-486-2048
The State of Kansas also has information about Medicare services. This website is offered by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services to provide information on the Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) resource person for each county in Kansas that can help with Medicare information, questions, and free, confidential counseling.
SHICK Phone: 800-860-5260
SHICK Fax: 785-296-0256